Skip to main content

Second Session

The second session happened around end of April or beginning of May. It was few days after flooding myself with A. We were both working/in charge on a dept.event. I'd be looking at him from afar, between my duties that day. He was gorgeous as usual. Though with rather unusual match of batik and sneakers. Haha.

We'd have encounters but I can sensed he avoided talking to me. That's okay. It kinda hurt a little but I can bear with it. It will be awkward anyway, and I might have a heart attack. Haha.

But I disillusioned myself, clearly. I for one was purposely trying to get his attention by chatting very actively with his boy-friends, and overdo my responses in some statements. Sigh. How pity of me. But I kinda think he's doing the same thing. There's one time. I was sitting quietly, holding my phone I guess, but not talking to anyone. He obviously knew I was right there. He's standing few steps from me but talking with one of his girl-friend. They were talking bla bla I couldn't really tell, but then he suddenly sort of raised his voice when talking about how he's getting a new cat. Duh. Just because we're both catlovers (?).

Anyway, the days after the events my mind was again preoccupied with him. So, no. Flooding technique didn't work for me. I just can handle him no matter that much. Or maybe because I could never get a chance of an extreme flooding scenarios, like spending a full day just with him. On the other side, I told my psychologist, how I couldn't do a NC. No Contact, at all. Cut the rope.  No, it's too devastating. I have tried not to look for him anywhere at all, but it only lasted for few days. I was suffocating, literally having a withdrawal. I was also kinda afraid that if I lose him, I'd be losing my reasons to stay sane and might fell into depression again.

I kept saying how I can't get him out of my head. How he's already in me. He's like drugs running through my veins. This is a different kind of addiction. So she thinks maybe it is like drug addiction, so the technique should combine behavioral therapy with lowering the dose and some sort of drug replacement.

The session continues. We talk more about my parents. My relationship with my mom, with my dad. My relationship with my dad was okay but why am I feeling this. Is there something unspoken?

I forgot how it came around but then I realized my relationship with my dad does have a problem. It has many. But my limerence was stemmed from one of it.

I was longing for dad's presence, appreciation. In my teen, he was gone for some years, working in another city. He'd be coming home every one or two weeks. My limerence was caused somewhat by that. Not having him around in reliable schedule, or even not having him around in the first place, grew me to be a person who always linger and in waiting. Will I see him this week? When will he be home? Will we be doing something great when he's at home? Etc etc. Very much reflecting all my feelings toward my LOs. The anticipation and hope was the fuel for my limerence.

I knew he didn't mean to hurt me, but there I was. Looking for some kind of acknowledgement. Day by day. Time after time. My limerence was about giving, loving, and waiting for response. And that my ecstasy is when I received any form of reciprocation from my objects. I was in thirst for a response, a pat in my head, a "good job, honey".

I ended crying in that session. I wasn't mad at my dad. I just feel so sad, having this big hole of hope opening so big of a wound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

this kid

For her upcoming 8th birthday, she have everything plan out. (Most probably an Intuitive, yup, since her birthday won't be here until another two months). She already plan how it will be celebrated. Her father and I never celebrate our birthdays so her images of birthdays are definitely not from us. She plans what she wants to eat. Quite anti mainstream because she requested "nasi and kremesan". She plans when it will be held (not on her actual birth day because she wants to celebrate it with her cousin and relatives in her father's hometown). She also plans who she is going to invite. What amaze me the most is she has this idea that her cousins will give her presents which she already has prepared earlier herself. So today I drove her to this stationery store, not a fancy one, just one near her school. She then bought pretty much everything she needs and wants for her birthday. She choose the cute stuffs she wants as her present, pick the pretty boxes and bags to put

Understanding and Curing Limerence

(Excerpt from limerence .net , nothing was written by me) The phases of limerence Like other addictions, we see limerence originating from early life psychological wounding. We use it to fill a hole in our soul.  We  describe  limerence as the mother of all distractions and when working with clients in limerence we are  curious to uncover what is it the person avoiding dealing with?  So often there is deep unresolved emotional pain. The client has protected themselves by covering their hearts over the years and decades with layers and layers of reinforced concrete.  This was a survival mechanism necessary from growing up in a dysfunctional and often narcissistic family system. The reality is limerence never lasts – typically it spans from 6-36 months. Just long enough for us to pair-bond and continue the survival of the species. Recent advances in neuroimaging and neurochemistry are now mapping out these pathways for romantic love. We also feel limerence is a gateway to grief. It ma